Top tips for using the internet & social media
- Respect what other people are saying on social media, even if you do not agree with them.
- Don't share personal information like your address, phone number or bank details.
- Be careful when buying something online - only buy from trustworthy websites.
- Be careful of anything that is free online - this could be a scam. Only download from websites that are trustworthy.
- Remember even free downloads can cost you money because they use data/ airtime.
- You can change the privacy settings on your social media platforms to help you control who sees your information and photos.
- Don’t believe everything you read online the first time - search for other trustworthy articles, websites or people to see what they are saying.
- You have the right to privacy - and so do others. It is not okay to log into other people’s accounts or to use their phones or profiles without their permission.
- Don’t spread rumors or post/share hurtful or embarrassing stories or photos.Things that may seem funny can hurt someone.
- Think twice before you click ‘send’ - especially if you’re upset or angry. Once you share a photo or a video it is hard to control what happens to it and who sees it.