How can you provide a caring environment for your child?
- Give them proper nourishment. Only mother’s milk for the first six months
- Monitor their growth and take them for necessary immunization dose
- Know the importance of touch, cuddle and hug them.
- Talk to them and make sure you look them in the eye
- Play simple games, sing and wave bye bye
- Wash your hands with soap after visiting the toilet, before handling or preparing food, before eating, before breastfeeding and after changing nappies.
- Protect them from child abuse, emotional or physical violence
- Keep children away from environmental hazards
- If your child experiences any forms of violence, abuse, and exploitation, whether by other family members, caregivers, strangers or neighbor, CALL Childline on 116 or Msasa on 08080074 or seek assistance from a local Police Station Victim Friendly Unit or Village Health Worker.
© The Internet of Good Things