Keeping your family safe and healthy can feel even harder when you live in crowded places. Here is what you can do.
1. Stay where you are.
- Limit the number of times people leave and enter your house
- Only leave the house for important reasons like getting food or medical help
2. Exercise daily.
- Encourage children to think of physical activities that avoid contact with people outside your home
- Jumping, dancing, or running in circles can be fun!
3. Share responsibilities.
- Try to share household chores, childcare, and other tasks equally among family members
- Create a schedule with other adults in your household for “working time” and “resting time”
- It is ok to ask for help when you are stressed and need a break!
4. Make hand washing and hygiene fun!
- It might be hard to find soap and water, but it is very important to practice good hygiene, especially in crowded homes where germs and bacteria can spread easily!
- Try to make sure all family members wash their hands as often as possible
- Let children teach each other how to wash their hands
- Encourage children to avoid touching their faces
5. Help your children with physical distancing
- Explain to your children they have an important job of keeping themselves and their community healthy by temporarily physically distancing themselves from others
- Show your children extra positive attention when they make an effort to practice safe physical distancing from others
6. Take a pause.
- When you are feeling stressed or upset, take a break! Even three deep breaths can make a difference.
Thanks for reading! Click the link below to share your opinions about these parenting tips.Is this parenting information helpful?